Wednesday, March 16, 2016

New Website, Hiking, and a Patch of Blue Sky

I took a break from writing for the past few years. Real life sometimes has a way of bringing me back from the world of fiction, and I just needed to focus on my own reality for a while rather than creating fictional ones.

This period of my life feels like driving in a storm: just focus on the road ahead and do nothing else.


It wasn't all bad, though. I just needed to spend quality time with my three kids, who are now all teens (enough said!). Just a few more years and they'll be all gone! And I have to take care of my health and personal well-being, if I want to live a long, healthy, happy life.

So I took my kids to explore caves, visit a zoo, have fun at Dave & Buster's, and I'm planning to do more fun stuff with them this year.


It's the year of the fire monkey, so it should be filled with fun and excitement, right?


On a personal level, I've been losing weight, renovating my room, and getting rid of a chronic backache. And I joined a new gym:


Hiking is such a good way to workout and replenish. I love being in nature. Way better than a treadmill!

I'm playing around with the idea of a website where I can link not only this writing blog but also other projects I've been into. I'm thinking about starting a nature blog and posting hiking pictures there. Starting a new blog will help me get back into writing and networking.

Eventually I want to start writing short stories and novels again, but I'm not sure when my muse will come back from vacation, probably once the storm is over. I think the patch of blue sky I spotted is getting bigger...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Annie!!! You're back!!! :)

Post a Comment